- Electric Vehicles Initiative
- Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy Campaign
- EV 30@30 Campaign
- Advanced Power Plant Flexibility Campaign
- Super-efficient Equipment and Appliance Deployment Initiative
- Energy Management Working Group
- 21st Century Power Partnership
- International Smart Grid Action Network
- Multilateral Solar and Wind Working Group
- Clean Energy Solutions Center
- Advanced Cooling Challenge
- Energy Management Campaign
- Global Lighting Challenge
- Sustainable Cities and Eco-energy Towns Initiatives
Goals and ambitions
- Committed to reducing carbon dioxide emissions per unit of GDP by 60-65% from 2005 levels by 2030.
- Committed to having clean energy meet 20% of China's energy needs by 2030.
- Pledged to invest US$361 billion in renewable power generation - including solar, wind, hydro, and nuclear - by 2020.
Ministry of Science and Technology
Active organizations in the CEM
- National Energy Administration
- National Development and Reform Commission
China hosted CEM8 in 2017