- 21st Century Power Partnership
- Energy Management Campaign
- Accelerating the Adoption of Distributed Generation in Strategic Regions
- International Smart Grid Action Network
- Multilateral Solar and Wind Working Group
- Electric Vehicles Initiative
- Super-efficient Equipment and Appliance Deployment Initiative
- Energy Management Working Group
- Sustainable Cities and Eco-energy town
- Clean Energy Solutions Centre
- Clean Energy Education and Empowerment Initiative (C3E)
- CEM Investment and Finance
- Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage Initiative (CCUS)
- Long-Term Energy Scenarios for the Clean Energy Transition
- Advanced Cooling Challenge
- Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy Campaign [CONCLUDED AT CEM9]
- Advanced Power Plant Flexibility [CONCLUDED AT CEM9]
- Global Lighting Challenge [CONCLUDED AT CEM9]
CEM success story
The CEM's 21st Century Power Partnership assisted Mexico's Ministry of Energy with the implementation of its energy reform directives, including providing assistance for the long-term auction process, the evaluation of economic and environmental benefits of distributed energy, energy efficiency and smart grid technologies, the establishment of Mexico's wholesale market monitor, and the development of a data management platform.
Goals and ambitions
- Committed to 35% of its energy mix to be clean energy by 2024, and 50% by 2050.
- Established energy efficiency goals to reduce final consumption by 1.9% from 2016 to 2030, and 3.7% from 2031 to 2050.