At the invitation of the UAE government, the Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) Secretariat in collaboration with CEM workstreams convened a side event at the 24th World Energy Congress in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The CEM event showcased six of its areas of work, which focus on the transformation of power systems. During this event, CEM workstreams offered their perspectives on regional integration of power systems, each focusing on unique aspects and angles, which are central to their work. Several CEM member governments as well as private sector companies spoke at the event.
The event focused on the transformation of power systems and featured the following topics:
- Long-term energy scenarios and planning.
- Regional interconnection policy issues.
- Regional integration and flexibility of power systems.
- The interplay between nuclear and renewable energy.
- The need and opportunities for carbon capture, utilisation and storage (CCUS)
Read the summary of the meeting here.
The meeting's agenda can be found here.
Presentations from the meeting can be accessed below:
1) Welcome from CEM Secretariat 2) Regional Integration and roles of scenarios and long term planning 3) Regional Integration and Power System Flexibility 4) Energy Transformation and Regional Integration of Power Systems: Scene Setter 5) Boosting Trans-Border Interconnection