ISO 50001 offers tremendous potential to contribute to international, national, and corporate energy and climate emissions reduction goals.
The ISO 50001 Impact Estimator Tool (IET 50001) empowers governments and organizations to estimate energy and emissions savings potential from the implementation of ISO 50001 in a country or region.
"Broad implementation of ISO 50001 could drive cumulative energy savings of 62 exajoules by 2030, saving over $600 billion in energy costs and avoiding 6,500 Mt of CO2 emissions, equivalent to removing 215 million passenger vehicles from the road."
“Global Impact Estimation of ISO 50001,” LBNL, 2016.
To view the detailed estimate and review data sources and assumptions, view the Global Impact Estimation of ISO 50001 report.
Use the Tool Today!
- Access the IET 50001 to calculate avoided energy consumption, energy cost savings, and associated emissions reductions in your country. Send an email with your contact information (name, affiliation, and email address) to EMWG@energetics.com to receive the tool.
- Once you’ve completed the IET 50001, use the Reporting Template to share the results with policy-makers, stakeholders, and others.
- For additional instructions, view the IET 50001 User Guide and Methodology.
The annual and cumulative results generated by the tool are based on generic regional energy consumption, energy prices, percent ISO 50001 uptake and percent energy savings attributable to ISO 50001. (The default values can be overridden if more region-specific data is available.)
Related EMWG Activities
- The EMWG’s ISO 50001 Global Impacts Research Network developed and is refining this methodology for use at the national or regional level to predict, quantify, and demonstrate the value of ISO 50001.
- The EMWG supports the Energy Management Campaign that aims to achieve 50,001 global certifications to ISO 50001 by 2020.
- Complementary to the IET 50001, the EMWG has also developed a tracking tool, the Energy Performance Database (EPD), which is designed to collect quantitative data that will provide a more detailed understanding of EnMS drivers, barriers, and benefits.