Join us for for a high-level expert workshop on 13th February in Paris, France.
“On 13th February the International Energy Agency will host a High-level expert workshop on Power System Flexibility.Participation is open to members of the CEM family, IEA-TCP representatives and the wider energy community, upon registration. Please note that places will be assigned with priority to PSF partners.The confirmed speakers' list will be updated regularly.
We are confident that the proposed experts and topics will yield a rich and insightful discussion, providing all participants with a comprehensive picture of trends in power system transformation globally.Be part of the discussion! Current confirmed attendees include:We look forward to welcoming you in Paris! For further questions please contact: Enrique.firstname.lastname@example.org
The event is open to the CEM network but priority will be given to PSF partners for more details, please contact LI Yanning at email@example.com
Agenda for the meeting can be downloaded on the right hand side.
To register, click here
To add to the calendar, click here
The objectives of this campaign are to:
- Deepen understanding of available flexibility resources;
- Harness digitalisation for flexibility and resilience in the power system;
- Highlight policy options for cost-effective flexibility deployment; and
- Showcase innovative and scalable approaches.
The growth of variable renewable energy capacity calls for increased system flexibility. Flexible dispatchable power plants are a main source of flexibility in power systems, alongside grids, demand shaping, and storage.
In many power systems, regulations, market design, and contractual arrangements may encourage an inflexible operation of power plants. A better understanding of the capabilities that are needed in the power system of the future can foster a better use of existing power generation assets.
Many countries are demonstrating that a flexible power supply can successfully deal with fluctuations in supply and demand.
To campaign will focus on three types of activities and products:
- High-level policy forums: Aimed at deploying, harnessing and consolidating public-private momentum on strategies for system flexibility.
- Deep-dive events: Will feature three deep-dive workshops on the following topics: grids and storage; demand-side management and digitalisation; and power plants and future markets. These will provide a platform for operational level experts both industry, ministries, regulators, and utilities to exchange experiences and devise concrete actions for flexibility. The findings will be passed to policy-makers and wider audiences through policy briefs.
- Policy briefs: Will provide follow-up information related to each deep dive event aimed at maximising visibility throughout the campaign. These will offer campaign participants the opportunity to prepare timely input while recognizing key data gaps in the lead-up to the final campaign report.
Please review the campaign's brochure for additional details regarding actions. To learn more or participate in the campaign, please contact Enrique Gutierrez (Enrique.Gutierrez@iea.org).