Upcoming Webinars: Youth in Clean Energy Series
The Clean Energy Ministerial’s (CEM) Nuclear Innovation: Clean Energy Future (NICE Future) initiative and CEM’s Equal by 30 Campaign in collaboration with the International Youth Nuclear Congress (IYNC) invite you to this two-day, multi-country webinar series spotlighting decarbonization and zero-emission generation systems. These systems will advance just and clean energy transitions, sustainable energy planning, clean energy policies, and financing opportunities. The webinar series will feature case studies and state-of-the-art research addressing the following questions:
- Can nuclear energy in combination with renewables accelerate progress on energy and climate goals quickly, affordably, and justly?
- How can clean energy conserve the environment, uplift communities, and help develop a diverse and talented workforce of the future?
- What unique roles can different clean energy sources play in balanced energy systems globally, giving consideration to the full array of energy demands?The series will highlight the important roles of international youth to the successful, timely implementation of nuclear and other clean energy technologies.
Part I: Roles for Nuclear Power in Low Carbon Energy Systems to Achieve Just and Clean Energy Transitions
April 8, 2021, 9:00 am – 10:30 am EDT
Participants will include representatives of CEM’s Equal by 30 Campaign and and CEM’s new Empowering People Initiative
- Achieving Just and Clean Energy Transitions
- Decarbonization Using Hybrid and Integrated Energy Systems
- Using Sustainable Energy Planning to Reach the Goals of a Just Energy Transition
- Youth Involvement in Just and Clean Energy Transitions
Part II: Policy & Financing Lessons: Advancing Energy and Climate Goals with Low Carbon Energy Systems
April 22, 2021 (Earth Day), 9:00 am – 10:30 am EDT
- Assessing the Costs of Decarbonization: Lessons for Clean Energy Policy and Financing
- Policy Innovations to Meet the Challenges of Adaptation and Resilience through Low Carbon Energy Systems
- Clean Energy Policy and Finance in Ghana to Power Electrification, Industrialization, and Growth
- Youth Workforce Development to Power Clean Energy Technologies