Decarbonisation of Buildings: Key Findings from the IPCC AR6 on Climate Mitigation
16 February 2023
Buildings emissions are projected to approach net-zero greenhouse gas emissions in 2050 if policy packages – which combine ambitious sufficiency, efficiency, and renewable energy measures – are effectively implemented and barriers to decarbonisation are removed.
Ambitious climate mitigation policies for buildings have significant potential to contribute to achieving Sustainable Development Goals in all regions while adapting buildings to the future climate.
Brought to you by the Clean Energy Solutions Center and OpenExp, this webinar will share key findings of the latest report on buildings from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) from its lead authors.
The webinar will include a round table discussion with energy transition leaders on topics related to climate mitigation policies and how to adapt buildings to the future climate. The event will end with a Q&A session from the audience.
- Richard Lorch – Buildings and Cities Journal (Moderator)
- Yamina Saheb – Sciences Po (Paris); OpenExp
- Sevastianos Mirasgedis – National Observatory of Athens
- Julie Lodewyckx – Ministry of Ecological Transition and Territorial Cohesion; Plan Bâtiment Durable mission
- Adrian Joyce – EuroACE, the European Alliance of Companies for Energy Efficiency in Buildings; Renovate Europe Campaign
- Nigel Tonks – Arup