RGEI hosts an event on the margins of the UN High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (UN HLPF) in New York (10-19 July)
From 13 July to 13 July 2023
UN Headquarters, NY
On 13 July, the Regional and Global Energy Interconnection (RGEI) Initiative will host the event “Jointly Building a Zero-Carbon Energy System to Further Advance the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development” in the margins of the United Nations High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (UN HLPF) in New York (10-19 July).
The event is jointly organized by:
- the Global Energy Interconnection Development and Cooperation Organization (GEIDCO),
- the Latin American Energy Organization (OLADE),
- the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (UNSDSN), and
- the Council of Engineers for the Energy Transition (CEET).
The event will discuss the realisation of the goals set out in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It will facilitate in-depth discussions on the establishment of a global energy network and present research findings in this area.
High-level participants include:
- H.E. Ms. Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana, UN Under-Secretary-General, Executive Secretary of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP)
- H. E. Ms. Rola Dashti, UN Under-Secretary-General, Executive Secretary of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UNESCWA)
- Ms. Ligia Noronha, Assistant Secretary-General and Head of the UNEP New York Office
- Mr. Mourad Wahba, Officer in Charge, UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF)
- H.E. Ms. Sanda Ojiambo, Assistant Secretary-General and CEO, United Nations Global Compact
- Prof. Jeffrey Sachs, President of UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN)
- H.E. Mr. Andrés Rebolledo, Executive Secretary of Latin American Energy Organization (OLADE)
Read the full agenda:
Learn more about #HLPF2023: