GlobalGender Diversity in Clean Energy Initiative Announces New Ambassador Slate
The Clean Energy Education Empowerment (C3E) International Initiative is launching an Ambassador slate for 2020-2022, with senior-level inspiring advocates for women in clean energy to serve as key spokespeople and organizers for the multilateral call to advancing gender equity in the clean energy sector.
The C3E International Ambassador slate for 2020-2022 includes senior government officials, leaders of clean energy industries, academic thought leaders, and corporate champions of gender equity. Current and legacy members of the C3E International Initiative, a Clean Energy Ministerial initiative and an International Energy Agency Technology Collaboration Program, had the opportunity to nominate Ambassadors from a diverse cross section of the clean energy landscape to serve two year terms.
The 2020-2022 C3E International Ambassador Slate
- Annika Schuttler, Project Leader, Energy and Sustainability, Chilean-German Chamber of Commerce (Chile)
- Carolina Isabel Gómez Agurto, Professional of the Environmental and Climate Change Division, Ministry of Energy (Chile)
- Christine Materazzi-Wagner, Director of Electricity, E-Control (Austria)
- Danielle Merfeld, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, GE Renewable Energy (USA)
- Elisabeth Spitzenberger, Head of Technical Management, Energie AG Oberösterreich (Austria)
- Fang Lyv, Senior Engineer, Institute of Electrical Engineering of China Academies of Science; China Renewable Energy Society PV Special Committee Secretary General (China)
- Senator Lisa Murkowski, United States Senator from Alaska (USA)
- Loreto Rivera Torteroglio, Stakeholders Manager, RWE Renewables Chile (Chile)
- María Susana Muñoz Espinoza, Head of Corporate Affairs & Communications, Pacific Hydro Chile (Chile)
- Mag. Carnelia Daniel, Owner, Dachgold/Tausendundein Dach (Austria)
- Monserrat García Herrera, Environmental Engineer, Ministry of Energy Chile (Chile)
- Mu Wang, Deputy Director of International Cooperation Department, Chinese Wind Energy Association (China)
- Dr. Sara Pozzi, Professor of Nuclear Engineering and Radiological Sciences and a Professor of Physics at the University of Michigan (USA)
- Theresia Vogel, Director, Climate and Energy Fund (Austria)
- Xiaoju Fang, Head of PR and Branding, Envision Energy (China)
- Yali Zheng, Deputy Director of Automotive Industry Research Department, China Society of Automotive Engineers (China)
- Yu Bai, Associate Professor, Deputy Director of Science & Technology Division, Guangzhou Institute of Energy Conversion, Chinese Academy of Science (China)
To introduce the Ambassadors, C3E International is hosting two webinars on Wednesday, July 15, to allow for global accessibility to hear from the new slate and receive information about clean energy careers for young women beginning their college and career journey.
- Register here for the Eastern Hemisphere Ambassadors Webinar (12pm AST Riyadh, Saudi Arabia/2:30pm IST New Delhi, India/6pm JST Tokyo, Japan/7pm AEST Sydney, Australia)
- Register here for the Western Hemisphere Ambassadors Webinar (9am MXN Mexico City, Mexico, 10am EDT Washington, D.C., USA/Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 11am BRL Brasilia, Brazil, 4pm CEST European Commission)
The Ambassadors are one of five workstreams of the C3E International Initiative. Data & Benchmarking, Awards, Dialogue, and the Equal by 30 campaign are other ongoing efforts of the initiative, which aims to accelerate the global transition to a clean energy economy through the advancement of women’s participation and leadership in the sector. Learn more about C3E International and how to join here.