Clean Energy Economy and Workforce Preparation: IPEC Solution Summits
Empowering People Initiative (EPI) hosted a series of four virtual convenings under the newly launched project entitled Integrated Policymaking and Empowering Communications for the Clean Energy Economy and Workforce (IPEC). The series is making it easier for governments to develop more holistic and integrated workforce and green economy policies and programs, and overcome fragmented approaches to workforce formation between the relevant ministries. Participants from national governmental offices for energy, education, employment and labor, industry, economic development, and social affairs and well-being are invited. The project is open to all countries. Allied stakeholders from industry, labor, nonprofits, education and local governments are also invite to help accelerate solutions implementation. Join over 100 countries that have already signed up.
For further information, contact email@example.com
1st Solution Summit: March 2023
We recommend attendees complete these next steps. You can easily find all the items by going to tinyurl.com/CEMWorkforce.
- Share Policies and Programs: Fill in your country’s policies/programs sharing form. You can ask others to help by using similar language to “I have been asked to fill out this form about our government’s policies and programs related to workforce development for a clean energy transition. Would you please help fill in this form with clean energy workforce policies and programs? Also, who else should I ask to help fill in the form?” Also invite them to the next summit – see above item.
- Share Barriers and Suggestions: Use this form. This information will be kept anonymous.
- Network: Join the listserv (“ask to join” button at top) and the LinkedIn group to communicate and share resources outside of the summits.
- Resources: Review the resources sheet.
- Slide Presentation: You can access the slides from the first summit here.
2nd Solution Summit: April 2023
We had a very productive session. Over 140 people attended live. Many sectors, perspectives, and solutions were shared, including:
- Global wind industry standards for workforce education
- IEA’s report on examples of workforce policies
- Free upcoming curricula and more from IRENA’s new Energy Transition Education Network – apply here to join
- An opportunity from ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability to increase the rate of implementing clean energy and climate solutions by working directly with cities and higher education experts
- Recording, slides, and chat from the Solution Summit
- The recommended resources sheet
- Tools/Forms for your actions, including:
We encourage you to continue to collaborate with other event attendees and registrants on our LinkedIn group and our Google email listserv to post questions and find additional resources and solutions that may work for you.
3rd Solution Summit: June 2023
- Green Learning Solutions from the Partnership for Action on the Green Economy (PAGE)
- See the event slides (# 21-30) for more links shared about the many free green learning resources from PAGE and the Green Learning Network.
- An opportunity from ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability to increase the rate of implementing solutions by working directly with cities and higher education experts and implementers, mostly as pro-bono volunteers.
- An agenda from Mission Innovation on how to use systems change strategies to improve all of our societies to create more equity and meet core human needs as we create our clean energy transitions.
- A tool to analyze your documents to see how they align with the agenda and how you can continue to build your networks and capacity.
At the recent summits, people from over 100 countries registered. Some of the key ideas from this past event include:
For those unable to attend or for participants wishing to review the session, slides with all links shared during the session are available here.
4th Solution Summit: July 2023
We had a very productive Solutions Summit on 6 July. Mr. Arpit Sharma, COO from Skill Council for Green Jobs described India’s massive efforts at clean energy workforce development and shared many global resources and opportunities.
A key next step is to join the virtual global community of practice for an inclusive clean energy workforce. You can continue collaborating with experts and other attendees. By joining the LinkedIn group, Google email listserv, and Green Learning Network, you can post questions and share additional resources and solutions.